Tuesday, April 6, 2010

April 6: Fresh Bread


April 6: Fresh Bread
One of the best parts of living in Europe is fresh baked bread! 
I also took this picture on Sunday at the same bakery where I took photos of the Russian Easter cake and eggs posted on April 5.   
I received an e-mail asking me what else the bakery sold and if I purchased anything else. The bakery offers the same types of bread and pastries you would find in any European bakery as well as a lot of local favorites (Russian black break, pirogi, etc.)
  I bought two loafs of bread (white and Russian black), one quiche, and some tiny chocolate chip cookies. My family has eaten most of the goodies, so I can not take a picture of them.  The Easter cakes were a bit expensive at this bakery and no one in the family is that found enough of them to spend $30 on a giant cake.  The Lieutenant just bought a mini-cake at our local grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment